TryEngineering Summer Institute is a two-week co-ed residential engineering summer program for rising 8th through 12th grade students held at three premier colleges and universities across the USA. The institute Program Director is responsible for organizing and leading the entire Summer Institute experience. Designed to be educational on an introductory college level, the learning sessions are to be hands-on and fun and the off hours provide students with opportunities to experience recreational, sporting and cultural activities. The Program Director will lead the Summer Institute staff of instructors and counselors; ensure the implementation of all of the institute programs and provide an exciting and fun experience for the students. If you thrive in a “Life Accelerated” atmosphere, enjoy meeting new people and take pride in who you are, this is the right position for you.
- Director Training: 4 days in NYC, dates to be determined by availability, typically in May or early June.
- Program Director Move in: Monday July 1, 2019
- Staff Training and Classroom Set-Up: Tuesday July 2 - 6
- Program: 2 two-week sessions: July 7-Aug 3
- All staff departs: Aug 4
- Note: The Program Director is a 24-hour job 7 days a week for the duration of the Summer Institute sessions and training week. Even when you are off, you are living in the dorms and on call in the case of emergencies 24 hours a day. There will be many hours of work outside of the hours below. We are looking for the person who understands that at camp, you are truly never off duty. Be ready for long days, and a lot of fun!
Visit our site to learn all about the program:
Location in need of director:
- South: Texas A&M
Note: Camp Program Directors are responsible for paying their own travel costs to their assigned venue.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $1200+ per/week (Pay commensurate with experience level)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated and experienced Program Director. This person will be leading their staff into the 2nd summer of our technical engineering Summer Institute and knocking it out of the park! This is a great job for someone who can work with people of all types, is very organized and creative, has a STEM related or education background, is willing to devote the necessary hours, and knows how to have a great time.
- Overseeing the Summer Institute programming, including the learning sessions and after hours activities
- Managing the staff of assistant directors, instructors and counselors
- Coordinating with onsite faculty, staff and administration
- Training and scheduling of staff
- Managing the onsite budget
- Organizing and leading staff meetings and Summer Institute meetings
- Acting as the primary contact with parents
- Setting the stage for the summer, SAFE AND FUN
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field and/or education, Master’s Degree a plus
- Experience working with pre-university students (middle school and high school aged children) in a camp setting
- Previous experience as Camp Director or Assistant Director a plus
- Experience in leading or managing a team/staff and delegating responsibilities
- Skilled in current technology used to create dynamic and engaging programs
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Well organized and knows how to multitask
- Preferred, First Aid / CPR certified
- Preferred, Attended a camp as a child/teen
All Directors Must:
- Attend mandatory curriculum training before the program (Date TBA)
- Live in the dorms throughout the duration of the program and staff training (All meals and housing is provided)
Note: If offered a position, completion of a background check is required. Position is only open to US Citizens or people who are authorized to work in the US. We do not assist in the process of governmental authorization.
To Apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume. Please include the job title and TryEngineering Institute in the subject line.