Resident Assistant (RA)
We are looking for highly motivated, energetic and dedicated people who want to be summer camp counselors/resident assistants for our engineering summer program. These individuals are in charge of keeping the students safe, and planning great events to make camp fun.
TryEngineering Summer Institute is a co-ed, residential program for high school students at various locations around the country. Students choose a class and are immersed in that subject every day. The counselor’s job is to make sure that all of their time out of class is fun! Talent Shows, 80’s night, trivia, outdoor and indoor sports, swimming, and that is just to name a few ideas of evening events that you might hold for the students.
Our entire staff, directors, teachers, counselors and students live in the dorms, and have all meals provided throughout the duration of the program and staff training.
- Staff Training, dorm set up, etc: (Wed – Sat): July 2nd- 6th
- Program: 2 two - week sessions (Sunday – Saturday): July 7th – Aug 3rd
NOTE: below are the focused hours, but in a sleepaway camp community, you are fully immersed in the position 24/7. There will be many hours of work outside of the hours below. We are looking for the person who understands that at camp, you are truly never off duty. Be ready for long days, and a lot of fun!
- Supervise students after class and events 4pm-11pm Monday – Friday.
- Supervise students on the weekend from wake up until lights out.
- Sunday is check-in day and it is an ‘all hands on deck’ day 9am-11pm
- Saturdays are the closing ceremonies at the end of each session, from 9:30am- Noon.
- A weekly field trip to local sites is supervised by the counselors as well.
Visit our site to learn more about our program:
- East: Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology – New York
- South: Texas A&M
- West: University of California, Riverside
Note: Employees are responsible for paying their own travel costs to their assigned venue.
We are looking for someone who is fun, reliable, and excited to be part of the camp community. Anyone who has ever been to summer camp before knows how important the activities and the camp community is to the overall experience. The counselors are not only an exciting and upbeat presence but they are also a friend to the students as some experience being away from home the first time, or a wide variety of other issues.
We are open to speaking to anyone who is interested in the position.
Bachelors degree, or in pursuit of.
All RAs Must:
Live in the dorms throughout the duration of the program and staff training. (All meals and housing are provided.)
Note: If offered a position, completion of a background check is required. Position is only open to US Citizens or people who are authorized to work in the US. We do not assist in the process of governmental authorization.
To Apply: Email email@example.com with cover letter and resume. Please include the job title and TryEngineering Summer Institute in the subject line.