TryEngineering Summer Institute is a two-week co-ed residential engineering summer program for rising 9th through 12th grade students held at three premier colleges and universities across the USA. Engineering instructors are responsible for organizing and conducting the institute learning sessions and providing guidance for the hands-on activities. Designed to be educational on an introductory college level, the learning sessions are hands-on and fun. There are no tests and quizzes to create a stress-free learning environment for every student of every skill level. The classes are small, so students receive plenty of personalized help and guidance.
- Training and Classroom Set-Up: vary from site to site
- Dates: Vary from site to site; please contact us for more details
- Learning Session Instruction: 9 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday
- Sunday is check-in day and it is an ‘all hands on deck’ day 9 am to 8 pm
- Saturdays are the closing ceremonies at the end of each session, from 9:30 am to Noon
This is a summer learning program and has many aspects of a traditional summer camp. If you have been to camp before, you know it is a non-stop type of job with very high rewards.
Instructors are encouraged to join in the after class activities; hikes, bonfires, swimming, games, talent shows, etc. We are looking for instructors who want to be part of the entire summer institute community.
Locations: Check our website for all the locations and dates HERE
Job Type: Contract
- Lead institute curriculum, sessions and lessons focused on engineering and technology
- Implement and run daily learning sessions and other activities
- Modify activities/lessons as needed to better implement within summer institute structure
- Prepare materials needed prior to each summer institute session and/or before lessons begin
- Responsible for clean up after sessions
- Facilitate classroom management and ensure student engagement
- Escort and participate in all field trips
- Act as a positive role model for students
- Other duties as needed
- Inventory, pack, and ship back all remaining supplies at the end of the program
- Cultivate a fun environment and HAVE FUN!!!
Ideal candidates will have studied any field of engineering, computing, engineering technology, or the applied sciences. An upper level undergraduate student or graduate student in these fields who would enjoy sharing their skills and insights to inspire prospective STEM students is preferred. Familiarity with electronic circuitry, Arduino programming, basic soldering, and other technical skills is a plus.
Additional Qualifications Include:
- Teaching Assistant or other in-classroom experience a plus
- Positive, outgoing, and flexible demeanor
- Experience working at summer camps and/or informal education
- Familiarity with classroom management skills
- Team oriented
- Ability to succeed in informal/camp atmosphere
- Extremely organized
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Note: If offered a position, completion of a background check is required. Position is only open to US Citizens or people who are authorized to work in the US. We do not assist in the process of governmental authorization.
To Apply: Email email@example.com with cover letter and resume. Please include the job title and TryEngineering Institute in the subject line.