Our Engineering Summer Students and Parents Say...
“Never in my life did I think that I would get to meet one of the engineers that had actually worked on the Apollo program!”
“The counselors, resident advisors and teachers were amazing! They were kind, encouraging and knowledgeable. It was an experience my child will never forget!”
“I loved the teachers; they were fun, humorous and made class great!”
“I had a blast and made new friends.”
“So many hands-on, project-based activities. I learned a lot that I didn’t know about many different kinds of engineering.”
“I’ve noticed a great change in my daughter after the [program]. She’s much more mature, more sure of herself; she acquired so much new knowledge.”
About TryEngineering Summer Institute
Our Engineering Summer Institute Goal
To spark enthusiasm in engineering and technology in the next generation of problem-solvers and difference-makers, and position these innovators for long-term success in academics and in life.
How do we do it?
Organized in two-week sessions each summer, on university campuses across the United States, the TryEngineering Summer Institute unites students from around the world -- co-ed, between 13-17 years old -- to:
- engage in hands-on design challenges
- experience the work firsthand with behind-the-scenes tours with real-life engineers
- discover not just what's happening today, but what's coming tomorrow, through conversations with renowned guest speakers and incredible Summer Institute counselors
- create a future of possibility that is fully realized and present for each and every student
- build skills and conceptual knowledge through hands-on work doing design challenges and classwork building and creating projects of increasing difficulty
Give us two weeks, and we'll give you a new definition of what it means to be an engineer.
Latest Engineering Summer Institute Updates
Open P-Tech provides free digital learning on the tech skills of tomorrow! IBM and its collaborators know what tech and professional skills […]
Technovision Families is on a mission to empower children and their families to become leaders and innovators of the future. And because […]
This new virtual series from TryEngineering and the TryEngineering Summer Institute will be highlighting lesson plans from TryEngineering.org during our Hand-on Design […]
Come to the TryEngineering Summer Institute
Engineering summer students leave with...
- A better understanding of how engineers can solve problems and make a difference
- Knowledge of engineering degree and career options
- Improved critical thinking, communication and collaboration skills
- New friends with similar interests
- An unforgettable campus living experience