TryEngineering Summer Institute Scholarships
The TryEngineering Summer Institute Scholarship is a need-based scholarship that offers financial assistance to students interested in attending the TryEngineering Summer Institute.
There are a limited number of full and partial scholarships for each location.
- A full scholarship is the equivalent to full tuition.
- A partial scholarship is the equivalent to 50% off the tuition cost.
The scholarship may only be applied towards the reduction of Summer Institute tuition for the year of application. It cannot be used towards related expenses such as, but not limited to, travel and purchase of individual Summer Institute supplies incurred before, during or after attendance.
If the student is selected, the scholarship will be applied directly to the student’s tuition balance. The scholarship is not tax deductible.
Essay Question: Why do you want to attend the TryEngineering Summer Institute, and what impact do you think it will have on your future?
- Font: 12 pt. Times New Roman
- Double Space: The entire essay should be double-spaced with no extra space between paragraphs.
- Margins: One-inch margins all around.
- Page Number: Your last name and the page number should appear in the upper right corner of each page of your essay, including the first page (e.g. Jones 3).
- Title: Your essay should include a title. The title should be centered and should appear under the heading information on the first page and above the first line of your essay.
- Alignment: Entire essay should be “left justified.”
- Word Limit: 1,000 words.
- Note: If the essay exceeds 1,000 words, reviewers will not read past the designated amount.
Before you begin your scholarship application, be sure to gather these items first!
- Completed Student Personal Essay
- 2020 or 2021 Federal Tax Return
- Name and Email Address for 2 recommenders / endorsers*
*Who qualifies as a recommender/endorser? Current or former teachers, guidance counselors, mentors, coaches, and other individuals familiar with the applicant. Letters from family members will not be accepted. Each person you enter will receive an email with a link to upload a letter of recommendation. Once a letter has been uploaded you will be notified.
What should be included in a Letter of Recommendation? Your endorser should speak to the qualities that make you a great candidate for the scholarship. Your academic enthusiasm, your personality, or any other anecdotes that may showcase your uniqueness.
APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIP:
Deadline for applications: April 1, 2022
How to apply for a scholarship? (Time to complete approx. 20 mins)
- We will be using IEEE's secure system for submission.
- You will need to create an account on this system to submit your application.
- Click this link: APPLICATION LINK HERE
- Create an Account.
- Check your email for a verification email.
- Then click the link in your verification email, use your new login info to sign in and begin your application.
- Follow the application instructions, and feel free to save at any point throughout. You can always return to the application to complete it. But once it's complete you will not be able to make any edits.
- Be sure to upload/copy paste your Student essay, and both recommenders/endorsers
- Submit your application and we will reach out on May 3, 2022 to let you know the status of your application.