Our Engineering Summer Students and Parents Say...
“Never in my life did I think that I would get to meet one of the engineers that had actually worked on the Apollo program!”
“The counselors, resident advisors and teachers were amazing! They were kind, encouraging and knowledgeable. It was an experience my child will never forget!”
“I loved the teachers; they were fun, humorous and made class great!”
“I had a blast and made new friends.”
“So many hands-on, project-based activities. I learned a lot that I didn’t know about many different kinds of engineering.”
“I’ve noticed a great change in my daughter after the [program]. She’s much more mature, more sure of herself; she acquired so much new knowledge.”
About TryEngineering Summer Institute
Our Engineering Summer Institute Goal
The goal of our engineering camp is to spark enthusiasm in engineering and technology in the next generation of problem-solvers and difference-makers, and position these innovators for long-term success in academics and in life.
How do we do it?
Organized in two-week sessions each summer, on university campuses across the United States, the TryEngineering Summer Institute unites students from around the world -- co-ed, between 13-17 years old -- to:
- engage in hands-on design challenges
- experience the work firsthand with behind-the-scenes tours with real-life engineers
- discover not just what's happening today, but what's coming tomorrow, through conversations with renowned guest speakers and incredible Summer Institute counselors
- create a future of possibility that is fully realized and present for each and every student
- build skills and conceptual knowledge through hands-on work doing design challenges and classwork building and creating projects of increasing difficulty
Give us two weeks, and we'll give you a new definition of what it means to be an engineer.
Latest Engineering Summer Institute Updates
We are so excited to share information about the TryEngineering Summer Institute Scholarship Program with you and your students. A number of […]
Teach your students the basics of electricity and magnetism with the IEEE TryEngineering lesson plan, “Basic Electricity & Magnetism: “But it’s the […]
Very young engineers are inventing solutions to some very old problems. Recently, the prestigious 2020 Broadcom MASTERS® competition released its list of […]
Come to the TryEngineering Summer Institute
Engineering summer students leave with...
- A better understanding of how engineers can solve problems and make a difference
- Knowledge of engineering degree and career options
- Improved critical thinking, communication and collaboration skills
- New friends with similar interests
- An unforgettable campus living experience